Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Bayleigh!!!

I am sure that most people can agree with me when I say that there are some birthdays that hold a little more significance than others. Of course, the first birthday, the thirteenth, the sixteenth, the eighteenth, the twenty-first, and then all the increments of 10 (30,40, 50...you get the picture.) Well, at this point in my sweet Bayleigh's little life, there is the BIG 5th Birthday. She has been counting down to her 5th birthday for months now. She has always stayed home with me, so to her, "5" means starting school and of course, the idea that she is so much older. Although I know it is only a day, she really does seem so much older. For starters, she wanted to cut her hair short and donate it to Locks of Love, so now she is sporting a cute bob, but her toddler look was lost along with the hair. She is so much more independent in all her day to day activities...picking out her clothes, styling her hair, helping with chores, and her overall presence. I try and remember every time she asks me for help and I want to say "You can do it yourself, your a big girl," that I should savour all these "helping" moments because they are becoming fewer and farther between. She is truly an amazing little girl that that knows how to make the people around her feel special. Her enthusiasm and optimism is contagious, and her love for God is pure and beautiful. So, although it is hard to get used to the idea that I have a 5 year old, I am so thankful for the wonderful little girl and her 5 years of health and happiness that God has blessed us with. Happy Birthday Bayleigh! I love you so much.

Bayleigh's "Birth" Day

Bayleigh's 1st Birthday

Bayleigh's 2nd Birthday

Bayleigh's 3rd Birthday

Bayleigh's 4th Birthday

Bayleigh...almost 5






No comments:

Post a Comment