Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sisterly Love

Summer came and went far faster than I would have liked this year. I loved the long, lazy days with my girls. We tried not to schedule too much. I just made the most of swimming, playing, and soaking in every second I could with them.
Now that Bayleigh is back in school it seems like the twins and I are on much more of a schedule as well. No more 9 o'clock breakfasts or staying up late. Last night, after dinner the girls were begging me to play outside. Rather than having them making messes while I tried to clean them up, I found this a very good idea. Although the high yesterday was well over one hundred, the evening actually seemed cooler than normal (by cool I mean 90s), and the girls played outside for almost an hour. This may not seem like much, but with hot, Arizona summers, the girls usually are wanting to come in after twenty minutes. Anyway, as I watched them from my kitchen sink hauling odds and ends up to the fort area of their playground and after everything was arranged perfectly, they all sat and held hands in a circle. The smiles on their faces were huge, filled with love for each other, and the bond of a special, secret moment between sisters. I don't know what was said or how the special fort meeting came to be, but having a glimplse at a very special moment between my three beautiful little girls, filled me so much happiness. Everywhere we look these days, there is so much sorrow, pain, and suffering. My three amazing little girls have taught me to love on a level I never knew possible. The showed me not to dwell on things that are better left in God's hands, to always stop and smell the roses, and to find the silver lining on every cloud.





No comments:

Post a Comment